One cockroach had a Met Gala moment that most celebrities only dream of.
The lone roach was filmed scurrying up the Metropolitan Museum of Art stairs.
It is unclear what became of the couture roach after it disappeared into a throng of onlookers.
Certain celebrities might find it impossible to secure invitations to the Met Gala, but one cockroach got in with ease.
A lone New York City cockroach scurried up the steps of the Met while being filmed and photographed by curious onlookers.
The insect darted from side to side across the carpet, expertly navigating its way up the steps.
To some pundits, the roach’s all-black look might’ve been a safe take on the Met Gala’s Karl Lagerfeld-inspired theme, but sporting six rather than two legs on the red carpet is a bold, Kafkaesque choice.
Variety reported on Monday night that the “Met Gala Cockroach” met an untimely end shortly after its moment of glory.
“It is with deep sadness that we must report the #MetGala cockroach was stepped on. #RIP,” the media outlet tweeted.
Read the original article on Insider
- Opinion | The Met Gala, or When Fashion Consumes Art
- Jeantrix featured at King of Prussia Mall art installation
- Met Gala Afterparty Outfits 2023
- Bringing art closer to the community through Art x Fashion at the 42nd UOB Painting of the Year competition launch
- Lil Nas X's Silver Body Makeup at the Met Gala 2023