The 3rd Bund Art Festival kicks off in Shanghai on May 6, presenting large public artworks, exhibitions, fashion markets, art forums, and workshops. [Photo/VCG]
Featuring large public artworks, exhibitions, fashion markets, art forums, and workshops, the 3rd Bund Art Festival kicked off on May 6 in Shanghai.
Among the most prominent works on display is a giant cat graffiti on Fangbang Middle Road, which connects the Bund Finance Center with Yu Garden. Cartoonist and artist TANGO, who is well-known for his love of cats, created the graffiti as well as a host of other cat-related artworks for the festival.
Also on display are works by foreign artists like Magda Sayeg from the United States, and those by Chinese artists such as Leng Shu, Zhao Bandi, Zhao Yilun, and Liu Yi.
From May 7 to 28, the BFC Weekend Market, which is part of the festival, will showcase works by over 50 fashion and art brands and host street performances, handicraft fairs, and graffiti sessions.
A photo exhibition of 100 cute cats selected by social media and lifestyle platform Xiaohongshu will also be held at the market on May 13.
The Rooftop Art Season of Fosun Art Center will be held on the fourth floor and feature a mini air park consisting of a 2.3-meter high and 2.6-meter wide swing device and a series of animal-shaped recliner sculptures.
The festival will end on May 31.
- Opinion | The Met Gala, or When Fashion Consumes Art
- Jeantrix featured at King of Prussia Mall art installation
- Bringing art closer to the community through Art x Fashion at the 42nd UOB Painting of the Year competition launch
- Fashion designer Diane Von Furstenberg celebrated in Brussels museum exhibition
- A New Art Jumper Collab From Mona, Nell and Knitwear Label Wah-Wah