Artist: Kristopher Young
Medium: Acrylic on Wood
Chattanooga native Kristopher Young was inspired to pursue art by his older brother. He was a student at the Chattanooga High School Center for Creative Arts, where he worked on his craft before moving away with his family after his junior year. While he was away, he struggled with alcoholism. But he came back to Chattanooga two years ago, and his return to the arts community and his artistic roots here helped guide him to sobriety.
Young often features the North Shore, which he calls home, in his work. He is currently working on a series of paintings of places along Frazier Avenue. He also designs custom footwear, hats and accessories.
This piece shows the interior of the vintage shop Collective Clothing on Frazier.
- This couple dedicates their life to one long piece of performance art
- The Met Walks a Fine Line on Karl Lagerfeld: Judge the Clothes, Not the Man.
- Filipino artists showcase paintings, weaving and heritage collections
- 'What Was She Wearing' Solo Show By Artist Hannah Sellers Explores The Power Of Clothing
- Lil Nas X's Silver Body Makeup at the Met Gala 2023