The Met Gala is a huge night for fashion, but why wear a regular old dress or suit when you can walk the red carpet in silver body paint? That’s what Lil Nas X did on May 1. Nearly unrecognizable, the rapper was covered from head to toe in a combination of silver body makeup, glitter, pearls, and rhinestones.
Save for a face piece, tiny bottoms, and platform boots, Nas X hit the steps of the Met Gala 2023 with nothing on, yet he arguably made the biggest statement of all. The face piece completely covered his eyes, brows, and mouth — even his teeth featured a silver grill. Celebrity makeup artist Pat McGrath used Pat McGrath Labs products to create the masterpiece, along with 5,000 crystals. The glam team started work at 8:30 A.M. and finished the creation at 7 P.M.
To stay on theme, Lil Nas X’s extra-long stiletto nails were covered in similar gems by Temeka Jackson using Aprés Nails products. The only thing not covered in silver paint and glitter was his hair by Coree Moreno using Matrix products.
Maybe body paint for clothes is a budding Met Gala trend. Last year at the Met Gala 2022, Cara Delevingne wore gold body paint on the red carpet for her own head-turning look. Ahead, take a closer peek at Lil Nas X’s look for yourself.
- This couple dedicates their life to one long piece of performance art
- The Met Walks a Fine Line on Karl Lagerfeld: Judge the Clothes, Not the Man.
- Met Gala Afterparty Outfits 2023
- Filipino artists showcase paintings, weaving and heritage collections
- 'What Was She Wearing' Solo Show By Artist Hannah Sellers Explores The Power Of Clothing