Deepika Padukone got married in 2018.(Photo Credit: Instagram)
Here are insights to breathe new life into your wedding outfits, giving them a contemporary touch and ensuring they don’t gather dust
Your wedding attire holds a special place in your heart, as it’s a symbol of cherished memories and a significant milestone in your life. However, after the big day, those exquisite bridal ensembles often find themselves relegated to the back of your closet, rarely seeing the light of day. But what if there was a way to breathe new life into your wedding outfits, giving them a contemporary touch and ensuring they don’t gather dust? Designers Leena Singh of Label Ashima Leena and Shilpi Gupta share their valuable insights on how to reinvigorate your bridal attire.
Transform Your Lehenga into an Anarkali:
- Leena Singh suggests that you can convert your wedding lehenga into a stylish Anarkali outfit. The blouse can serve as the upper part, or you can create a new bodice.
- By adding a simple dupatta to the Anarkali, you can instantly create a versatile outfit for festive or wedding occasions. For a more extravagant look, pair it with the heavier dupatta from your lehenga.
Elevate Your Wedding Saree with a Jacket:
- Leena Singh recommends reusing your wedding saree by pairing it with a plain jacket. This not only adds a modern twist to your traditional ensemble but also makes you look stylish and unique.
Add a Contemporary Touch to Your Wedding Gown:
- Redesigning your wedding gown allows you to relive happy memories while embracing a modern aesthetic. This advice resonates with both designers.
- Shilpi Gupta suggests making your bridal saree more vibrant by pairing it with a blouse in a different color, adding a touch of uniqueness and appeal.
- You can even transform your saree into a gown with drapes, infusing a modern edge into your traditional outfit.
Versatile Sarees for Fusion and Layering:
- Both designers emphasize the versatility of bridal sarees. These pieces can be converted into jackets, Anarkalis, A-lines, or capes that pair seamlessly with jeans and pants.
- Every component of a three-piece bridal lehenga set can be worn individually. The lehenga skirt, when paired with a solid-colored top, shirt, or blouse, creates a stylish look.
- Transforming the Lehenga blouse with style, by pairing it with jeans and a cape, is a creative way to achieve a fusion and layered appearance.
Your wedding attire doesn’t have to be a one-time wonder. With the creative suggestions from designers Leena Singh and Shilpi Gupta, you can reimagine and reinvent your bridal ensembles, giving them a contemporary edge while preserving the sentimental value they hold. By exploring these innovative options, you can ensure that your wedding attire remains a cherished part of your wardrobe for years to come, ready to shine in new and exciting ways on various occasions. So, dust off those bridal treasures and embark on a journey of fashion reinvention!